Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Confirming fears that don't pertain to Billy Crudup's naked body

Right, if you're not a Watchmen fan, just skip this one.

The leaked scene of The Watchmen film was rather disappointing, but will likely translate somewhat more flatteringly to the big screen. Yes, Malin Ackerman as Silk Spectre 2.0 was a hot-if-uninspired choice, but I'd rather see her navigate the Sally J/Doc Manhattan lines with grace and butcher the action scenes than vice-versa. This will be a sweet-looking, ahem, visually astounding film no matter what. It's the stuff between the explosions, the political messages, the subtext, the cinematography and editing, that will make this film either kick-ass or an overwhelming disappointment.

Honestly, I'd have rather seen it made into a mini-series. I'd steal cable for that.

Also, if you want to see the leaked scene, go through Blogtown, PDX. Worth it for their splash illustration.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I'm afraid to see it. John's making me go, but I'm prepared to be utterly disappointed, I can't stand Night Owl's costume and I think it's going to get the standard Hollywood "look explosions oh what message?" treatment.

Sorry to be such a downer. XD