Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Even though my attention span and amount of free time have been all over the map for a while, I've been inspired to learn more about web design. This woman I met at my cousin's wedding in March, a friend of his from their undergrad years, blew me out of the water with her webpage. It's amazingly designed and well-organized, and I'd love to be able to do something similar with my whoozits. Criticism, photos, writing stuff, etc...I'll link to her at left.

More house-hunting, for the summer and for next year, abounds. That's where I'm off to when I finish this post, actually. Thing is, I need a job as well. I interviewed for a job with UO Neuroscience -- to feed their fish. They breed, splice and stir-fry sticklebacks, and they need someone to clean tanks and such over the summer. That went well, but it's only 12-15 hours a week. I wouldn't turn it down though, because it's a job and it's really flexible. Another interview on friday for a cushy part-time office job. Here's hoping. More later.

LATER...
My dad called (!) to chat and give me some relatives' addresses and phone numbers. We ended up talking for more than an hour, and even when we talk about stupid things it makes me feel really comfy. But that's not The News. The News is that my brother will probably come down for a visit in July! We didn't always get along (what with being siblings and all), but all through my senior year and since I've been away, things have been swell rather than swollen. Adam's sort of shy around just about everyone that's not family, but he's got a great sense of humor, which he naturally picked up from his big sister. Anyhow, that will be supercalifragilawesome. (I'd put "(sp?)" next to that, but...)

Crossing my fingers for the fishyjob.

No comments: