Tuesday, March 02, 2004

I began the last post with "I'm getting really sick of the news." Now it's just the getting really sick part that applies. Waking up this morning was a chore. I couldn't swallow for a while -- that was unpleasant. I've been fighting a sore throat and related head coldy things all day, and of course, today is the day the uterus decides to go terrorist on the rest of me. Thanks to a hefty dose of vitamins, sudofed, and ibuprofen, things were under control for a bit (and it was SUNNY!) However, the magic of the pills is wearing off, which just makes me bitchy. I'd take another pill cocktail, but I'm afraid that the sudofed will keep me up all night. Since I'm voluntarily avoiding the pain killers, I really have no right to complain. Okie dokie. Health rant over. And I'll save the additional "I don't want to travel while I'm sick boo hoo" for some other time. The whining in my head is enough for me, and probably everyone else.

On the completely awesome side of things, I got all of the classes that I wanted. The physics class filled up before I could get to it, so I put the back-up science credit (astronomy, which is apparently interesting and easy -- and relevant! Mars was leaky!) in there instead. Everything worked out wonderfully, as I'm hardly crying about not taking physics. I gots my 10:00 german to start the day, then Nature in the 18th C (with Kyle! we're taking a class together!), and three hours of drawing. This is going to be awesome.

You may (or may not) notice that there aren't any honors college classes in that schedule. I'm going to take a break from that and see what happens.

My bonehead J201 class is drawing to a close, and it's really too bad that the GTF didn't get as much lecture time as the Prof. I know that's how it goes, but the professor was a windbag, and the GTF was cool. They passed back the second round of papers today, and Seth (the GTF) pulled me aside and told me my paper made him mad. I didn't say anything -- who knows how to react to that? I must have looked apprehensive; he quickly said that it was because he had to look up a word while reading my paper. This easily made my day. Later, out of curiosity, I emailed him, asking what the word was. The reply: "you would ask me that. :)

sitting here in the law library, exhausted and brain-dead from hours of writing, I can't remember. But I think it began with an "a." I could tell you if I saw the paper again..." This guy is a much better speaker than our professor, who tends to bluster. oh well.

Dubious academic triumph: The honors college put me on the "Director's list" -- equivalent to the Dean's list, I guess. Thing is, I don't care. Again: oh well.

No comments: