Sunday, March 14, 2004

My brain and I are at odds right now. I need to do my take-home final (I know, it's awesome) for my Lit class ASAP. I also need to photocopy an obituary and type up my notes for the Warner papers project. The old braineroo has decided to conveniently forget these things, instead opting to distract me with (in no particular order or preference) food, blogging, reading, writing, studying for other finals, messing around with my camera, going for walks, cruising the 'net, messing around with my other camera, visiting first floor, making tea, sitting in the sun distinctly NOT getting things accomplished, wishing I had some biscuits, talking to Aaron while he's stoned, contemplating my sudden affinity for the Naked brand of juice, reading the comics, fussing over Kyle (who is feeling better, but isn't entirely herself again), talking to hallmates, going to Ben and Jerry's, composing haikus about feet in my head, calling people I haven't spoken to in a while, trying madly to figure out what I'm going to do this summer, playing with magnetic poetry, half-assedly shifting the recycling pile, and, of course, procrastinating. Yeah. Needless to say, I haven't been as productive as I'd originally planned. If I used my day planner, my day would be planned thusly:

10:00 -- wake my ass up
10:30-11:15ish -- eat
11:15-noon: make myself presentable, brush up on german vocab, gather studystuffs to meet Will at Espresso Roma for a study session.
Noon-1 or 2ish: Study with Will.
1 or 2ish - 4:00 -- study history.
4:00 -- Timberline meeting
After Timberline: eat

after that: type up warner notes and do lit final.
Sleep, probably around 11.

What a joke. Here's how it all went down:

10:15ish -- woke my ass up, fussed over Kyle
11:00ish -- ate
Just before noon: hurried out of carson to meet Will because I'd gotten caught up in a lively conversation with Parker and his roomie, John.
noon -- noon:45: studied with Will. Drank coffee. Will left to do his Shakespeare paper, and we figured the material was pretty well covered.
Spent some time at Roma with Kyle. then we went back and laid in the sun doing and not doing studystuffs. This went on until 4ish.
4ish -- went to the timberline meeting, which got cancelled. But we didn't know that until we waited there for 20 minutes.
I lost track of what went on here. Not studying. Some summer job hunting. Some chatting with Areli. Other stuff too, but I don't really remember. It's hazy.
We ate.
And now I'm typing this. Time to actually work -- 9:09 pm. Good call, brain, you stupid bastard. Why can't you be more like the liver?

No comments: