Saturday, November 08, 2003

I can't help but feel like there's no point to this blog exercise anymore. I'm just getting my thoughts out and sending them in a million possible directions, but nothing happens. I don't feel happier or cleansed or wiser or anything. Color me impatient, but I'm getting annoyed. Nonetheless, I'm trudging on with it. I thought it was a good idea at one point, so until I have proven myself totally right or totally wrong, I'm not stopping. Granted there was a brief cessation in there while I ACED a literature paper. That's right, A- baby. That class is my bitch.

In other news, there's not a lot of other news, except that the honors college requirements and journalism school requirements combine in such a way that restricts me from taking any class that DOESN'T fulfill some kind of requirement. It's like my damn yoga class is my guilty little pass/no pass pleasure--and I'm not even enjoying it! My instructor seems to make up science to lecture us with as we contort ourselves. I don't especially feel like I'm getting a workout, either. I think next term is going to be something active, like racquetball, where the instructor won't spout crackpot theories and broken Hindu mysticism to keep us going.

My history prof, the tough one, made us cookies yesterday. I don't understand why I have such a hard time rallying my thoughts in his class. In discussions, I'm active and thoughtful, but outside of a conversation, I can't make a point. It's troubling, and it makes me feel stupid which I do not like at all.

Dear god! The sky is blue! I haven't seen THAT in a while. Someone once told me it rains a lot in Oregon. Who'd have thought? Oh well. Green grass all year is worth it.

No comments: