Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Naturally, after slogging through massive revisions on this paper I'm writing, I wrote a tender, juicy post--promptly deleted by an internet hiccup. That was last night, and I was not interested in re-writing much of anything (dashing off this paper has been a damned saga...perhaps even an epic). I'm not going to try to recreate any of it, but I assure you that the paper is in a better way than it was. As is my mental state. My history prof is really tough, so I tend to freak myself out when composing papers for him. To the point where I can't write a decent sentence without agonizing over it, editing it, deleting it and starting all over again. I have a somewhat close to finalized draft that my live-in editor is working on right now. She's so wonderful.

Eugene is not quite home yet. I don't know my way around the city, nor do I have a comfy little circle of friends. This is not an Anchorage-like situation, but I have to come to terms with the fact that it will not become anything like Anchorage. It's not Anchorage. I was trying out the words " throw this out� I really want a talking teddy bear phone like the one that Graham Uses to call people. I just think that it's the coolest thing. :-)85 I really want a talking teddy bear phone like the one that Graham Uses to call people. I just think that it's the coolest thing. :-)

EDIT: What the hell happened? My post had NOTHING to do with Graham or his talking bear phone. The words I tried out were "I live in Eugene, Oregon" -- it came up in German class. Ich wohne in Eugene. Ich komme aus Anchorage. Toby, I wish you could give me some of your fluency by osmosis.

This was also missing from the post, ostensibly replaced by Graham's phone. Kyle and I are going to see...wait for it...Chuck Palahniuk! He's giving a reading in Eugene tonight and I'm SO EXCITED! All we need is directions to this place...

No comments: