Tuesday, November 11, 2003

No, I will not endorse any single Democratic candidate (said with a wry grin, as if anyone truly cares). However, I will give a hearty "you go, girl" to Carol Moseley Braun. It's highly doubtful that she'll get the nomination (but hey, you never know), but I like her politics and I think it's gutsy for her, a black woman, to do. Meanwhile, the Dean/Clark battle rages on, with Kerry trying his damnedest. Personally, I think it's time for Kuninich, Sharpton, and the rest of the not-so-hopeful hopefuls to start bowing out gracefully. The last thing the Democratic party needs is a war of the demagogues.

Read this and return. Back yet? Okay: HOLY SHIT. This is science in the coolest, weirdest, most ethically challenging extreme. Personally, I don't know how much I'd like a dead person's face, but then again, I'm not suffering from extreme burns. I suppose that would be one way to go, as opposed to grafts--which I understand are painful and sometimes unsightly. Frankly, I'm just amazed that a face transplant could even be possible. The ethical issues it raises are fascinating. Is it wrong to wear someone else's face? Is it wrong to forsake your own? Conside my mind blown.

Ahh, free pizza. Love of any college student's life.

No comments: