Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Ahh. Nothing like venting a little spleen to REALLY inspire one to blog. That, by the way, was sarcastic. I don't feel like making social contact. The latest in a stream of annoyances from my hallmates and various other external sources are beginning to wear on my sunny disposition. Not only do I not feel like making social contact, I don't feel like elaborating, either. Meh. I have a really busy day on Tuesdays, and souring toward the world as a whole doesn't usually help that sort of thing.

However, I will throw my two bits in about Iowa and the State of the Union and MMMMMMars (albeit quickly -- I have to leave for class soon). Iowa surprised us all, except maybe Edwards' campaign manager. Kerry and Edwards both played their cards well, and though it isn't a popular concept in the blogrolls (and maybe that's why I like it), I think a Kerry/Edwards ticket would kick some serious Bush. Dean and Clark didn't surprise me in the least. Part of my political barometer hinges on how well a candidate can deal with ludicrous media attacks -- or how well they can avoid accruing said attacks. I don't think it would be going out on a limb to say that Dean's fall was partly due to negative media influence, which only aggravated his foul, foul temper. Really, his temper was a draw for me. I'm not the coolest head out there. Clark is, in my view, too moderate to stand a chance. He's Republican Lite. Maybe the good old boys who grew disenchanted with Bush and the whole bleeding heart pack of liberals would go for him, but I'm not so sure. Gephardt, I think, is making the right choice. I'm waiting for Kucinich and Sharpton to follow suit.

State of the Union: blah blah Saddam Huessien blah blah blah blah Medicare blah blah blah blah sanctity of marriage (perhaps a Saddam-Sodom joke) blah blah blah blah freedom blah blah blah liberty blah blah blah blah I'm lying to you blah blah blah God Bless America.

Mars rover: It's the biggest news since...uh, guys? Guys? We're on ANOTHER PLANET! Would you mind, you know, paying attention and not shouting on about pie-in-the-sky crap about Moon Bases for Bush?

No comments: