Saturday, January 31, 2004

BIG INHALE BIG EXHALE. I am in love with so many things. The bike ride I just took through Eugene left me wobbly from endorphins and whatever it was that woke up my lazy muscles. This town is fabulous. It had more theatres in three blocks than Anchorage has period. It has blocks open only to pedestrian traffic. It has alleys. My continuing obsession with alleys is on fire. Little sidestreets and backways are everywhere, invisible to auto traffic. Downtown, franchises are just as squeezed into small, old buildings as the local shops. There is little visible corporate dominion. A&W probably had to fight for that location as much as Cafe Xenon had to fight for its own.

Naturally, I'm in love with Kyle. Today was an inpromptu "Shower Kyle with Affection Day" -- all systems go on that. Thanks to the wonders of the internet, I can time my local activities with packages arriving. Still, she deserves far more...

Phoooo. I love adrenaline and endorphins and all that hormone-y goodness that's giving me this awesome boost. Forgot about that nice "I just exercised" feeling.

I'm head over heels for the Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys soundtrack, which took me forever to track down. And by track down, I mean search every record store I could find, then give up and order online. Online shopping gets a nod here, but not quite the level of love. In fact, all of these loves are gradiated. I think the hierarchy is pretty obvious.

The impending paper-writing isn't exactly a love thing, but I should probably do some outlining or something.

ADDED LATER: Chemistry is nearing the island of stability and I'm envious.

No comments: