Thursday, February 12, 2004

Rather than go the expensive and time-consuming route of taking a class in HTML, Perl, and so on, I've been using the library. Needless to say, there will be endless fiddling with layout and such. Blogger is pretty nifty. They take care of the hard part (perl and CGI stuff is way beyond me), and I get to make it pretty. So over the next few days (weeks?), I'll be less focused on content and more focused on aethetics. I'm learning a lot as I go. It's fun, in a very nerdy sort of way.

Today was really great. Well, there were a couple of hours that weren't so hot, but overall, a fine day. The sun was out, for one thing. Not a common occurence in a Eugene February, or so I'm told. A good day of sun is enough to carry me through whatever else -- I survived eighteen winters of Anchorage, after all. Oh! Oh! In my German class, I understood every bit of the dialogue our GTF presented. It was great; I felt that little language click go off, and everything made sense. Even when she rushed through the numbers (I still have a bit of trouble with my viers and fünfs). Ich verstehe der Deutsch!

No comments: